Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mom's Image


Picture
  • Genesis 1:26-27  God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness..." And God created man in His own image , in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Today is my mother's birthday.  Happy Birthday, mom!  

You are probably thinking why this verse?  Why start off writing about a birthday?  How does your mom and this verse connect?  Let me explain.

In describing us, God told us who we are like.  We have been created in God's image, a little statue or replica of God.  

One thing I know about God is:  God is Love.

God has placed his image of love within us.  We have the capacity to receive love.  We capable to give love.  My mom was created in God's image.

My mom has always loved me, my dad and my brother.  She has shown love to others. Her compassion  toward others fills her heart.  Once her heart is full it flows out her eyes.  She is a people-person and loves people.

Her heart is tender towards God's creation and the beauty around her.  Whether an animal, a sunset or a quiet snowfall she can enjoy them all.

She loves her God.  I have never doubted my mom's love for her God, His Word or me.

I am so glad that God created my mom in His image, with the ability to love.  Come to think of it, I am glad that I was created in His image with the ability to receive love-   the love of my mom!

Happy Birthday, Mom.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment