Thursday, November 18, 2010

Haz-Mat Suit

A true woman lives a God-centered life.
She lives a life of repentance, holiness, and service; but above all, she is enthralled with Christ!
  • 2 Corinthians 7:1 "Since we have these promises*, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God."
  • *What promises?  The preceding verses tell us that we are the temple of the living God; As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, I will be their God and they will be my people." and "I will receive you and you will be my sons and daughters."
  • We are to purify ourselves from things that contaminate us. The picture in my mind is of someone in a haz-mat suit not wanting to even touch it. (Get rid of the garbage and gunk!)  What hazardous material in my life needs to be removed?
  • We are to perfect holiness.  Perfecting is an on going process.  It doesn't just happen on it's own. What discipline of holiness am I pursuing?
  • We are to prefer the reverence of God.  Our love and devotion to God is what drives us to this type of lifestyle.  It is not for us to look good.  Does God know my love and devotion to Him based on my choices?
  
Dear Heavenly Father;  You are Holy and perfect in all your ways.  Thank you for being my God and calling me your daughter.  Help me today to desire holiness out of reverence for you.  May I choose purity in my thoughts, words and actions because of who you are to me.  Help me to recognize you living in me and may I never want to tarnish your image.  In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment