Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Mr. Experience

A true woman trusts God
She doesn't give in to her feelings, because she knows that God can be trusted.  He knows and understands everything about her, and His good, perfect and loving plan will not be thwarted.
  • Isaiah 41:10  "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Don't you just wish we could get a truth nailed into our minds and hearts without having to experience it?  Me too, but somehow that is never the way the Lord works in me.  Maybe that is not my learning style.  For me experience always seems to be the best teacher.  Just last night I had one of those experiences.   I don't know if it was the busyness of the day, Thanksgiving prep, the attitude of my hubby, or menopausal; but my feelings, fears and emotions were very close to the surface.  Actually just on the tip of my tongue!  The Spirit was saying, "Do you trust Me?"  I cried out, "Yes, but I need your help.  Help Me! Help Me!"  I am happy to say that once again He came to my aid.  He was there to strengthen me and help me.  He upheld me.  Experience taught me that He can be trusted.  I pray that I will pass the next test as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment