Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Get the Mud Out

In the morning, I usually try to get out and get my exercise.  I do a lot of thinking while running and in the shower after wards.  Yesterday, I was meditating on the verse that I had posted.  Taking it phrase by phrase, word by word.  Here are some of my thoughts:

   She "turns her eyes upon Jesus" in the midst of her problems and sees these challenges in the context of His greatness.
  • Psalm 103:14 "For He Himself knows our frame; He is mindful that we are but dust."
  • God has created me and knows me intimately.  
  • He recognizes that I am dust.  
  • Why dust?  What do I know about dust?
  I know that dust can be a mess.  I know that when I try to handle a situation with my own blood, sweat and tears, I make mud.  Yuck!  Mud is a bigger mess than dust!  Mud is just dust stuck on it's self.  I also know that He is able to clean me white again.  Something I am unable to do.  To live a God-centered life, I must look to Him.  Dust is much better than mud.
  I shared my thoughts, I'd love to hear yours!
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment