Monday, January 3, 2011

Blurred Vision

Happy 2011!
  My 2011 has not started out the way I intended.  I had big plans regarding my bible study, my blog, my quiet time, and my exercising.  Sunday, as I was getting ready to attend Worship Services, I scratched my cornea. The next few hours were not in Worship with people I love at Evergreen Valley Church, but waiting in a clinic with strangers hacking and coughing, while I was crying out to the LORD for the pain to stop.  The next 24 hours were spend with blurred vision, a patch over my right eye and on pain medication (Thank God! for the pain meds, not the patch).
  Today was another trip to the Ophthalmologist and the pharmacy.  The patch is gone, so I am able to see, read and write again.  I will have to see about the exercise in the morning.
  Often times a day may not be what I had planned or even wanted, but like Job, I will trust in God.
  • Job 23:10 "But He knows the way I take; when He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold."
  Trust God with your days, no matter what they may look like.   He sees the big picture and knows what He is doing.  After all,  our vision is blurry at best.

Father, as we begin this new year,  Help us to trust you more, love you deeper and follow you closer.  May our faith grow and flourish this year and may we see you clearly as you work on our behalf.  To you be the glory! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment