Monday, January 24, 2011

Take a Hike

A true woman says, 
"Yes, Lord". The Word of God is her compass, motivating her to live intentionally and counter-culturally.
  • Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord; point out the right road for me to follow.  Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me.  All day long I put my hope in you.”
Of all the hiking trails in our area, Quicksilver is currently my favorite.  The trails are nestled in the hills with panoramic views overlooking Silicon Valley.  
Once I park my car, there are many trails to choose from. I usually take the Guadalupe trail that gives me a challenging 4.5 mile hike.   
Knowing the name of the trail is not enough.  You would still need a guide or to know which way to turn at the fork.  If not, you may end up on the 15 mile loop instead.  
As you are on this walk of life.  You need a guide.  Are you listening to the Lord as he tells you which trail to take or which way to turn?  When you do, that is intentionally living.  
It may be challenging but you will not be alone.
Hiking a trail is always more fun with someone by your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment