Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's a Good Thing

A true woman says, "Yes, Lord."
She believes that God's purposes for creating male and female are good and wise.
  • Genesis 2:18  The Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone.  I will make a helper suitable for him."
God knew what He was doing when He made woman.  He knew what He was doing when He made you a woman.  It was a good thing. 
Do you enjoy being a woman?  Why or why not?  
For the next few weeks, we will be looking at what God made when He made woman.  Whether you are married, single, divorced, old, or young, allow God to reveal His master plan for your life.  Say "Yes, Lord", to Him.  Ask Him to open your heart and mind to the plan He has for you as a woman.  As Martha Steward phrased "It's a good thing."  
Well, actually,  that was originally a God quote!

1 comment:

  1. I received this comment via email:

    convicted today......

    inner dialogue: why do I have to be the one that's "suitable" for him? That implies that I am to be "made" into that. Sometimes I don't want to "be made." I just want to BE.

    Lord, give me a better attitude today. Help me stay mold-able so that I can be willing to be used for YOUR purposes for me. I get so caught up in my own little to-do list of things, that I forget to connect the dots with your over arching purpose for my life. Everything I do is useless if I am "helping" hubby or mothering child in the way that I deem suitable, instead of Your way."

    ReplyDelete