Monday, January 10, 2011

Rally Up

A True Woman says, "Yes, Lord."
She believes that God's purposes for creating male and female are good and wise.
  • Galatians 3:26-28 "For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus.  And all who have been united with Christ is baptism have put on the character of Christ, like putting on new clothes.  There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave of free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus."
  As I was reading down this group of verses, I so wanted to stop and write on "putting on new clothes"-clothes are fun, but knew that would be getting off topic this morning.  I am determined to stay "on task" today.  Writing about "staying on task" is also for another day-I digress. 
  Let me just point out a few truths from these verses:
  • You belong to God through faith in Jesus Christ
  • You are united with Christ
  • You are on equal ground
  • You are one in God's kingdom
The apostle Paul must have known that the women needed to hear that truth when he was inspired to write these words to Galatia. Did they have a women's lib movement going on?  Were they organizing a rally?  We also need to hear that truth today.  God created you a woman.  You are His.  You are united with Christ.  You have equality in His Kingdom.  (Although in the light of the gospel and the sermon I heard yesterday, I would be happy to be a lowly peasant, in rags, grabbing at crumbs) Back to the task.  When we don't have a clear picture of God or His purposes, we get off track.  We must continually take our thoughts and align them with what the Word says.  The world is not doing that.  So "rally up", take your stand, but rally and stand in the truth - You are God's.  When He created you a woman that was a good and wise plan.  
  Heavenly Father, how good and wise You are!  You have a plan and a purpose for me.  I thank you for your love and care in my life.  Help me to stay on task to live a life that is aligned with that plan and purpose.  May I please you today.  In Jesus' name, Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all of this but especially: "We must continually take our thoughts and align them with what the Word says."

    ReplyDelete