Friday, January 21, 2011

Sitting in the Jewelry Box

A true woman says, "Yes, Lord".
She considers it a privilege and a delight to serve Him as a woman and gratefully embraces His design and roles for her life.
  • Proverbs 31:10 "An excellent wife, who can find?  For her worth is far above jewels."
As a woman you have great value.  The Bible says far above jewels.  

Between Christmas and New Years, I lost a diamond out of my ring. It was not mywedding ring, but the ring that I always wore on my right hand.  I had designed the ring myself.  A simple gold band with 3 square diamonds placed in a row.  I waited a long time to be able to purchase the size and style of the diamonds to be placed in the band.   So now the ring sits in my jewelry box.  I can no longer wear it until it is fixed.  It won't be fixed until I am able to find money for a diamond in my budget.  Right- like that is going to happen any time before tax season. So there it sits.
 
 You are of great value.  You been broken, tarnished or chipped.  We all have.  You may think that you are of no value, and certainly not of great value.  That is not how the Lord sees you.  He is ready and capable of restoring you.  Go to Him and that responsibility.  Admit your own sin and ask forgiveness.  You will be restored to a right relationship with God.  
 
 My ring will never be restored by hiding out in the jewelry box.  It must be taken to a jeweler.  He is the only one able to bring value back to that ring.  It will be costly, but so worth it.

  Dear Heavenly Father, I admit that I have done wrong and often I am not the woman or wife that you desire.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me, wash me and restore me.  Let me shine, again.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment