Monday, January 31, 2011

Good Sam

A true woman say "Yes, Lord."
She makes personal sacrifices with her time and resources for Kingdom of God.
I have read and taught on the Good Samaritan many times.  However this morning I saw something new.  Don’t you just love that about the Bible.
Let me explain.
Jesus was discussing the Most Important Commandment with a expert of the religious law. (verse 27)  The man asked “who is my neighbor?”  to justify his own actions, when Jesus begin the illustration of the Good Samaritan.  
This story is a great reminder to me to love everyone and to treat everyone with kindness and the way that I would want to be treated.
Here is what I have missed:
To love others like this, I must Love God first and trust Him with my life, my time, my resources.   
When I see someone in need and I hear that small voice within me say, “Help your neighbor”, I am trusting God with my planned out day.  I am relying on God with the money that is being spent.  I am leaving the results and matter in God’s hands.  I am just being obedient to say “Yes, Lord”.
Both commandments are needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment