Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Before My Eyes Were Open

     Have you had this same experience?  You wake up praying and thinking about people or problems and are already taking them to the Father in Heaven even before your eyes are open or your feet hit the floor. Your brain already knows the right thing to do.  It goes into autopilot. That was my morning. As I was thinking about it as I write, that is what God wants us to do- cast our cares on Him. 
     In her book "31 Days of Praise", Ruth Myers writes beautiful prayers all taken from the scripture.  This morning my mind went to one of the lines in one of her prayers, "You are too wise to ever make a mistake, too loving to ever do anything unkind."   How my mind and soul needed that truth today even before my eyes were open and my feet hit the floor! 

Here is the entire prayer:

     My heart rejoices in You, Lord, for You are my strong shelter in times of trouble and danger and stress, my hiding place to whom I may continually resort...my Father who lovingly provides for me...my Shepherd who guides and protects me...my Champion who upholds my cause as His child and defends my highest interests...my Bridegroom who delights in me...my God who is mighty to save, who rests in His love for me and rejoices over me with singing, with shouts of joy.  You are my inheritance, my share in life, the One who satisfies my longing soul and fills my hungry soul with goodness.
     I praise You for Your love and Your wisdom.  You are too wise to ever make a mistake, too loving to ever do anything unkind. You act on my behalf, accomplishing what concerns me and fulfilling Your purpose for me as I call on You.  Thank You that You love me deeply and tenderly.  You are compassionate and gracious, full of lovingkindness, ready to forgive, patiently considerate, and generous beyond imagining.  You desire my love and rejoice to do good things for me.  You delight to give me the desires of my heart as I delight myself in You.  How precious is Your love to me, O God! I sing for joy as I take refuge in the shadow of Your wings! 

1 comment:

  1. A friend emailed me this. I am glad for her insight.
    "The great thing about being focused on God even before I open my eyes is that I'm aware enough to talk to God about the things the holy spirit put in my heart but not sharp enough to mentally manipulate my prayers to my liking. When I start to do that I stop praying and go back to it later."

    ReplyDelete