Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Our Little Secret

A true woman trusts God.
She resists the temptation to worry and manipulate, because she has relinquished control to Him.

  • Psalm 16:8  "I have set the LORD always before me.  Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." 

When looking back on my life, I can't always say this verse has been my reality.  I have not always set the LORD before me.  As a young child, I learned how to try to get my way.  You know what I am talking about; crying at the right moment or being extra nice and helpful.  Then in High School, manipulating situations with really cute boys- like I "just happened" to be walking down the hallway as his class was getting out, or "just happened" to show up at the same pizza parlor.  Then in my marriage,  I know how to get my husband to say "yes" to my way.  (Let's keep that our little secret!)  I don't think I am alone.  I am sure you have had your manipulating moments as well.  So now, I am faced with the challenge to change years (for me 50+) of living one way to living God's way.  In trusting Him, I surrender to Him.  I abandon my ways to watch Him work in my behalf.  I rely and have confidence on God's character, abilities and strength.    And that way of living, need not be a secret!


Let me hear your little manipulating secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment