Monday, December 6, 2010

Finagle

A true woman trusts God.
She resists the temptation to worry and manipulate, because she has relinquished control to Him.
  • Psalm 145:14 "The LORD upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down."

Even as I typed the words "she resists the temptation to worry and manipulate" my mind raced to remind me of all the times that was not the reality in my own life.    This woman is quick to manipulate and try to finagle the situation.  While looking up the spelling of "finagle" the definition popped up.   
fi·na·gle/fəˈnāgəl/Verb
1. Obtain (something) by devious or dishonest means.
2. Act in a devious or dishonest manner: "they finagled over the fine points" 

Manipulate, finagle, devious, and dishonest are all words with a negative connotation.  All words that I don't want to associate with.  So what is the answer to this dilemma?
  • Psalm 145:14 "The LORD upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down."
The Word tells me how to live in an upright manner- by bowing down.  When I bow before the LORD and trust Him in every situation, He upholds me.  No finagling needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment