Monday, December 13, 2010

On the Trail

A true woman says "yes, Lord"
She believes that God's purposes for creating male and female are good and wise.
  • Genesis 1:26-28a "Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and creeping thing that creeps on the earth.  And God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; man and female He created them.  And God blessed them;"
I enjoying going hiking.  I love being out in nature and seeing creation.  Because of where I live, Northern California, I am afforded this treat almost year round. (Mid-westerners- Don't be haters!) When Tim & I go on vacation, we pick a place we can hike. I often will stop in a middle of the trail to observe a slug slowly crossing in front of me, or a lizard doing push ups on a rock in the morning sun.  It is so interesting to see all the diversity in creation.  I marvel at the shapes, colors, and sizes.  I wonder what was in God's mind when He created so many insects, or all the different shades of green or the details on just one type of fish.    
God never does anything by accident or "just because".  He always has a reason and a purpose. He is all good.  He is all wise.  He has a special purpose when He created woman; when He created You. We will explore that together for the next few weeks.   
Today, stop in your tracks.  Thank God for creation;  for making you a woman; for Him being good and wise.  
Happy trails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment