Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Shaken-period

A true woman trust God.
She leans on Him and depends on Him in times of joy, pain, hardship, uncertainty, and confusion.
  • Psalm 62:5-8 " Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.  My salvation and my honor depends on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge.  Trust in him at all times. O girlies (my addition); pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge.
While I was typing these verses out this morning, I noticed a few things.  Here they are:
  • "my hope comes from Him."  Not from any other source.  Then why do I look elsewhere?
  • "my honor depends on God."  God is able to handle my honor.  Then why do I think I have to do it or "what will people think"?
  • "I will not be shaken."  I was speaking the words as I typed.  "I-will-not-be-shaken-period".  It made me smile.  Nothing will shake me-period.  Then why do I allow my mind and heart to run away with emotions?
What words or phrases stand out for you?  Let God speak to you through His word.

Got to run.  Catching a flight to Warner Bro. Studios in LA for the scoring of the movie.  Oh, the Jet Set life that I lead!

No comments:

Post a Comment