Tuesday, December 14, 2010

This Moment

I was sitting at my computer, struggling to write today's thoughts.  I finally hit "delete" and decided to go back to the previous truth.  It just seems like there are so many of you that are in serious situations.  As I was praying for you, I just felt like revisiting our trust in God.

A true woman trusts God.
  • Isaiah 28:16 "So this is what the Sovereign Lord says:  "See, I lay a stone in Zion, a tested stone, a precious cornerstone for a sure foundation; the one who trusts will never be dismayed."
  • Hebrews 13:5 "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
  • Hebrews 13:6 "So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid."
  • Isaiah 26:3  "I will keep you in perfect peace, when your mind is stayed on me."         
She doesn't give in to fear, because she knows that God can be trusted.  He understands everything about her situation, and His good and loving plan will not be thwarted.
She leans on Him and depends on Him in times of joy, pain, hardship, uncertainty, and confusion.
She resists the temptation to worry and manipulate, because she has relinquished control to Him.
 
 Join me in prayer for Katie & Kelsey- to trust God while their father, Bill is in ICU with heart complications;  for Kirsten & Keely- to trust God while their mother, Jan undergoes surgery to remove a brain tumor tomorrow.

No matter what you are currently going through:  big or small; health or illness; rich or poor; peace or worry; relaxed or frazzled; up or down; You can put your trust in God!  Trusting God is not a one time thing that you do.  Trusting God is a moment by moment, second by second way that you choose to live your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment